Thursday, June 10, 2010

When I Awake I Hear a Tune


words: Gary Hicks © 2010 Gary L. Hicks
tune: Irish folk tune: 
“The Dawning of the Day” (Raglan Road)
(hear the tune in this YouTube clip)

When I awake I hear a tune that rises from my heart
A song of angels bursting forth before the morning starts
I turn to You upon my bed before the break of day
And hum a hallelujah and I head along my way.

Then when the sun has risen high I rest awhile at noon
That simple song comes wafting back, that elemental tune
It rises up from deep somewhere -- I lift my head and sing
A sweet and joyful chorus for my Saviour and my King.

And at the end of day, when I am sitting on my bed
There comes again this song of love, it echoes through my head
With deep thanksgiving from my heart for Your presence all day long
I feel your blessing once again, and I whisper that sweet song:

LAI, LAI, LAI, LAI, LAI, LAI, LAI, LAI,
ALLELUIA, ALLELU!
(4 times)

No comments:

Post a Comment