Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Eternal God, I Bless Your Name


words: Gary Hicks © 2010 Gary L. Hicks
tune: Wexford Carol, 12th century Irish folk tune
(listen to Wexford Carol here.)

Eternal God, I bless Your Name
Today and yesterday the same
And still tomorrow You shall be
Unchanging, faithful, LORD, to me.
Though I have stumbled, pardon find,
And grace to cleanse both heart and mind
Your presence sweet, my daily Friend
Deep inner joy without an end.

The day is long, the way unclear
But still Your calming voice I hear:
“Peace, peace – be still, you troubled waves!”
The Lord of nature here I have.
The waves are stilled, the sun appears
And now the way ahead is clear
I sing a sweet and peaceful song;
My heart is free, my voice is strong.

To God above be ceaseless praise
From rising sun to end of days
From east to west and shore to shore
His glories echo evermore.
And to the Son let praises flow
From every creature here below
And to the Spirit – faithful Three:
Eternal God in unity.

No comments:

Post a Comment