Wednesday, June 2, 2010

How Scandalous That You Would Choose




words: Gary Hicks © 2010 Gary L. Hicks
tune: can be sung to tune of 
HOUSE OF THE RISING SUN (Common Meter - 8.6.8.6.)

1. How scandalous that You would choose
To suffer in my place
To meet a righteous law’s demand
Before the throne of grace.

2. For I had fallen far away
To welcome every lie
My ears were closed, my heart was hard
Why would I choose to die?

3. Your loving-kindness cleared a path
To my reluctant heart
You whispered words of grace and truth
You blew my shield apart.

4. You touched my heart with wounded hands
And breathed Your life in me
With wonder and delight I stood
To follow piercéd feet.

5. How scandalous that You would choose
To suffer in my place
I rise forgiven, rise in awe
To touch Your lovely face. 

No comments:

Post a Comment