Tuesday, June 1, 2010

O, The Mercy of My Father


words by Gary Hicks © 2010 Gary L. Hicks
can be sung to NETTLETON
(Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing)
traditional American melody;
John Wyeth’s Repository of Sacred Music, 1813

O the mercy of my Father
What He ever saw in me
I had turned away from kindness
In my blindness falling free
Though I ran from home and blessing
I recalled His mercy mild
He embraced me in my weakness
Welcomed back His wandering child.


O the mercy of my Saviour
What He ever saw in me
So to lay aside His glory
So a man in flesh to be
How He knows my inner weakness,
Feels my deepest hidden pain
Then He died the death I earned Him
Give me back His life again.

Alleluia, Alleluia!
What He ever saw in me
I can never full repay Him
For the debt that set me free
But with love I want to follow
And to offer Him my life
Join His great eternal purpose
As a living sacrifice.

No comments:

Post a Comment