Friday, June 11, 2010

Lord, I Thank You for the Morning




words: Gary Hicks © 2010 Gary L. Hicks
music: BEACH SPRING from "The Sacred Harp" (1844)
Appalachian folk tune

Lord, I thank You for the morning, 
For Your mercies ever new
For the waking of creation, 
Rising sun and morning dew;
For the raging of the ocean, 
For the galaxies above
For Your multiplied devotion 
And Your exponential love.

Lord, I thank You for our family, 
For the joy of human love
And I thank You for Your Body, 
Friends below and friends above;
For the wonder of Your blessings 
On our fallen human race
For the joy of Your salvation, 
For the beauty of Your grace.

Lord, I thank You for our Saviour: 
As a man He took my place
On the cross my sins He carried, 
And the stain of all our race;
Then He rose from death victorious, 
He is seated now above
Thank You, Father, for the blessing 
Of Your sacrificial love.

If I had a thousand voices, 
If I had a thousand years
Could I speak the faithful praises 
of the God who sees our tears?
You are holy, You are worthy
And with grateful hearts we come
From our vain preoccupations 
To Your everlasting home!

No comments:

Post a Comment