Friday, February 15, 2013

A Communion Reflection






words: Gary Hicks (Feb. 14, 2013)
tune: “I Love Thee,” a beautiful old tune by an anonymous tunesmith. 
This tune first appeared in Jeremiah Ingalls’ “Christian Harmony” in 1805.

I thank You for life, that I live and I breathe
I thank You for consciousness, that I perceive
I thank You for love of my family and friends
I thank You for Your love, a love without end.

I thank You for Jesus, the giver of grace
Revealing Your nature in this broken place
I thank You for giving Your loved one, Your Son
And that He was humble, and willing to come.

His death was atonement, He paid for my sin
His death was redemption, my freedom to win
In wonder I stare at the man on the cross
Amazed by His mercy and stunned by His loss.

In silence I ponder His suffering for me
How callous I was to a mercy so free!
Now grateful, I fall to my knees and confess
My Savior, my Master, my own Righteousness

All honor to Jesus, the Lamb who was slain
His blood bought my pardon, His loss was my gain.
All glory and praise to the Lamb on the throne
Salvation and blessing to Jesus the Son!

No comments:

Post a Comment