Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The Lord Is My Light As I Travel Today (Psalm 27)

words: Gary Hicks
tune: “Foundation”, Joseph Funk’s Genuine Church Music, 1832
“How Firm a Foundation”

The Lord is my light as I travel today
No darkness can stand, for He brightens the way
My light and salvation, a fortress so near,
A bulwark and refuge, So whom shall I fear?

One thing I desire, and will ask of the Lord:
To live in His house and to dwell in His Word
To gaze on His beauty, to look on His face
To rest in His love and delight in His grace.

My heart speaks of You, “Seek His face, O my soul”
Your face, Lord, I seek, as I press t’ward my goal
Though father and mother may cast me aside
You’ll never forsake: You will stand by my side.

O teach me, O lead me, my Father, my Friend
To walk Your straight pathway and on You depend
Enabled to trust as I feed on Your Word
With courage and strength I will wait on the Lord.



No comments:

Post a Comment