Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Amazing Grace (God Saved a Wayward Wretch)

words: John Newton,
arranged and adapted by Gary Hicks (9.12.2010),
copyright 2010, Gary L. Hicks
tune: “Prospect”, Walker’s Southern Harmony, 1835
(“The Lone Wild Bird”) 
This is a beautiful tune that I've only discovered 
within the past year.

Amazing grace, how sweet the sound
I once was lost, but now I’m found.
God saved a wayward wretch like me
I once was blind but now I see.

‘Twas grace that taught my heart to fear –
How precious did that grace appear
The day, by faith, I first believed
And grace my anxious fears relieved.

Through many dangers, toils and snares
I’ve come to trust my God who cares
And by His grace this far I’ve come
Now grace will safely lead me home.

The Lord has promised good to me
He will my shield and portion be
As long as earthly life endures
So long His word my hope secures.

When we’ve been there ten thousand years
No sorrow, death, nor pain, nor tears
Our song of praise has just begun
Our joy complete, our victory won.

No comments:

Post a Comment