Thursday, May 6, 2010

I Hear Sweet Music In the Night


words: Gary Hicks (October 6, 2005 revised May 21,2010)
© 2010 Gary L. Hicks
music: traditional American folk tune APPALACHIA (8.8.8.8.)

1. I hear sweet music in the night
A strengthening song upon my soul
I rise in hope to face the light
And by its brightness I am whole

2. There is no enemy so strong
There is no darkness over me
For in my heart I hear that song
My spirit sings its harmony.

3. And though I cannot see His face
Though troubles threaten all around
In Him I find a plenteous grace
In Him I hear a joyful sound.

4. We hear the angels as they sing
Our weary ears hear that sweet sound
We lift our voice, our offering
And feel His glory all around.

5. There is no dread, no lingering fear
But rising sun and dawning day
“Come, LORD, and speak, we want to hear
We want to listen and obey.”

No comments:

Post a Comment