Wednesday, May 5, 2010

the flaw and the fix

right here
this is where the war is
i want to be God’s man
sold out
fiery hot for Him
but like paul says
i wrestle
here’s an inner weakness
a soul stupidity
i can beat it back
but it never fully leaves
always lurking somewhere
it’s an idle curiosity
a stumbling sin i want to hide
a wandering thought, a lazy hour
a secret vanity

but today I beat it back
i rise
i pray
i listen
i humble myself, as best i can
i give God my first time
drink from the Spirit’s well
put on my armour
i give others my love, my time
turning upward
and turning outward
i lose myself
and that’s always a good thing

Romans 8:12-14
12Therefore, brothers, we have an obligation—but it is not to the sinful nature, to live according to it. 13For if you live according to the sinful nature, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live, 14because those who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God.

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment