Thursday, January 24, 2013

O, River Deep, O River Wide





words: Gary Hicks (Jan. 22-24, 2013)
copyright 2013 Gary L. Hicks
with references to Ezekiel 47:1-12, Matthew 3:13-16,
Hebrews 12:29 and John 3:8.

music: “On Jordan’s Stormy Banks”
by Christopher Miner
©1997 Christopher Miner Music.
Sung here by Jars of Clay:

1. O, River deep, O, River wide,
Subsume me in Your flow,
Come wash away my secret sin
That only You can know.

2. Come, Holy Dove, descend on me,
And speak Your thundering word
Come fill my heart with Your great love,
And make me holy, Lord.

CHORUS:
I AM YOURS, I AM YOURS
TAKE MY LIFE AND LET IT BE…
I AM YOURS, I AM YOURS
CONSECRATED, LORD, TO THEE.

3. Come, Flame of God, fall on me here,
Consume this selfish sin
Come burn away the hidden dross,
And make me pure within.

CHORUS

4. Come, Wind that blows from heaven’s shore,
I set my sail for You
Come move me, holy hurricane,
And make me clean and new.

CHORUS

No comments:

Post a Comment