Friday, October 8, 2010

I Was Waiting Patiently (Psalm 40)

words: Gary Hicks (10.8.2010)
copyright 2010, Gary L. Hicks
tune: “I’s the B’y”, Newfoundland folksong

I was waiting patiently for the Lord to help me
Finally He turned to me and heard my cry for mercy

LA, LA, LA, LA, LA, LA, LA,
JOYFULLY WE’RE SINGING.
LA, LA, LA, LA, LA, LA, LA,
GRATEFUL PRAISES BRINGING.

I will sing a song of joy given by the Saviour
He has made my heart to sing by His gracious favour

Many now will see and hear, though they struggled under,
Many now will trust in God, filled with awe and wonder

Praise the God who lifted me from the slimy rubble
Praise the Lord who rescued me in my time of trouble

Vision clear and purpose strong, Now my heart is ready
Now I walk the solid ground, now my feet are steady

No comments:

Post a Comment