Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Lord, Give Me Faith That Stands the Test

words: Gary Hicks, copyright 2010, Gary L. Hicks
tune: Wexford Carol, 12th century Irish folk tune

Lord, give me faith that stands the test,
And in the time of trouble rests
Secure and firm, a heart that trusts
My Heavenly Father, strong and just.
In ev’ry high and stormy gale
Convinced that Jesus will prevail,
And I am safe within Your hand,
The wind and waves at Your command.

Lord, give me faith to stand the trial,
To persevere with You awhile,
My confidence in Christ alone
Who stood steadfast ‘til all was won.
I want to follow in Your train,
To know the joy of heaven’s gain,
Then, in Your victory complete,
To cast my crown before Your feet.

From earth’s domain I lift my face:
I feel the warmth of heav’nly grace.
There is a Friend who cares for me
Beyond the trouble I can see.
Sing hallelujah! Speak His praise:
The glorious King, Ancient of Days;
And keep your eye fixed on the Lord –
Trust in His love, believe His Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment